Dr. Wendell Cox is a seasoned therapist drawing on many years of study, training, clinical experience and living.
All knowledge is experience. Everything else is just information.
Dr. Cox began his career in community mental health centers and major psychiatric training programs in Boston, Baltimore and Chicago.
After receiving his Ph.D. from The University of Chicago he served as a professor of clinical methods and research in the graduate schools of Bryn Mawr College, Catholic and Howard Universities.
His private practice in Washington DC is recognized for the dynamic groups he leads with outstanding female co-therapists and his insightful work with cross-cultural couples.
Dr. Cox is happily married and the father of two excellent young adults.
Dr. Cox's affiliations have included:
- American Psychological Association
- American Group Psychotherapy Association
- Georgetown Psychotherapy Group
- Green Mountain Gestalt Institute
- Greater Washington Society for Clinical Social Work
- Washington School of Psychiatry
- Washington Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology